Bain-Blog

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Election Endorsements

Below are my endorsements for the spring election. For your information, I have provided a link for each candidate and for the school referendum. I support these candidates and positions, and ask that you join me in voting for them on April 7th.

Mayor:
Frank Tower

Common Council:
Jessica King
Steve Cummings

School Board:
Dennis Kavanaugh
Wayne Traska
Matt Wiedenhoeft

School Referendum:
Question 1: Yes
Question 2: Yes
Question 3: Yes

Winnebago County Executive:
Mark Harris

State Superintendent of Schools:
Tony Evers

State Supreme Court:
Shirley Abrahamson

This is one of the most important spring elections Oshkosh has had since I have been a member of this community (if not the most important). I believe Oshkosh has come to a proverbial fork in the road and we, the citizens, must now choose the future direction of our city. So much is at stake: progress, economic development, quality education, the social safety net, leadership. I worry that much of this will be stifled - or worse yet, halted - if these candidates are not elected or if the referendums fail.

If you need information on where to vote or when the polls are open, visit the City Clerk's Web site. For election night results, you may visit the County Clerk's Web site or the Oshkosh Community Media Services Web site.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE ON APRIL 7TH!

-Bryan

This post is not authorized or approved by any candidate, candidate committee, or political action committee.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • Thanks Brian for your endorsements. I knew how to vote on the referendum and who to vote for for the school board!

    I appreciate the time you took to keep us informed!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 09, 2009 5:11 PM  

  • Geez Bryan, if you'd be in Vegas you'd lose your shirt.
    I used to respect you.
    Now you're just another hazbeen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 09, 2009 8:30 PM  

  • Anonymous 8:30 p.m.-

    I am proud of the fact that I put myself out there to serve this community, sign my name to what I believe, and don't hide behind an online moniker.

    -Bryan

    By Blogger Bryan L. Bain, at April 10, 2009 4:44 PM  

  • Bryan, you also had the courage and guts to do so BEFORE the election, not after like these "johnny-come-latelys."

    Thank you for your years of service to the community. Best wishes to you in your future endeavors.

    By Blogger Cheryl Hentz, at April 12, 2009 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home