Bain-Blog

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Fifth Tuesday Forum - follow up

I'd like to extend my appreciation to the 16 citizens and Councilors Tower and Mattox for attending the August 29th Fifth Tuesday Forum. And thanks goes to the Oshkosh Senior Center for volunteering to host the forum.

I have emailed several city department heads questions that were raised at the forum and have begun compiling the notes, which will be posted on my website by next Tuesday, September 12th.

The last Fifth Tuesday Forum of 2006 is October 31st, location TBD.

-Bryan

1 Comments:

  • Time has come for strong leaders on this Council. People that will stand-up and CHALLENGE City Administration.

    Currently, it appears to me that we have nothing but a COUNCIL OF COWARDS. A total vacuum..void of any leadership.

    Here's my challenge...prove me wrong, PLEASE!

    Tower, Bain, Scheuermann, Esslinger, McHugh its time to STEP UP and DO YOUR JOBS!

    Put Castle in his place.

    Don't accept the easy way out and just pass the problem to the taxpayers with higher property taxes.

    Get off your asses and DEMAND that the City Manager and his Supervisors give you options...options to reduce and eliminate positions and services within the City Government. These options may include reductions in Public Safety, but should NOT BE LIMITED to JUST public safety cuts.

    I refuse to believe public safety is the only bloated area within Oshkosh Government...and I'm lead to that conclusion as I saw Dick Wollangk support the proposal of VALVE TURNER positions for the Water Department.

    HOW IN GODS NAME CAN HE SUPPORT VALVE TURNERS, YET WANT REDUCTIONS IN POLICE AND FIRE!!!!

    This is total insanity!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 09, 2006 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home